Semonin Realtors is partnering with a local group, Feed The City, this Thanksgiving. From their website:
Feed The City is a 501(C) 3 non-profit organization. FTC has been feeding the needy since 2006. We have expanded our boundaries to meet the growing needs of families throughout our fine city. We have expanded our feeding program in Louisville & Southern Indiana. We feed the public daily, Monday-Saturday from 12 noon to 3:00pm. We also have a clothing closet for those that are in need of clothing. We also give emergency food box away for families in their time of crisis (loss of job, fire, death etc).
Feed the City and Semonin are working together to provide Thanksgiving dinners to 500 of their neighbors in the Louisville area. Throughout the next week, Semonin Realtors is collecting donations from its agents, staff, and vendors, along with any other person or organization who wishes to support this goal.
Donations are tax deductible. For more information about how to offer your financial support, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit us on Facebook.
You’re bound to have a favorite room in your home. It’s probably the place you spend the most time in; the place that relaxes you or energizes you; the room where you create or share fulfilling memories. What is your favorite room?
My room is the kitchen. It’s kind of the hub of our home, with neighbors, kids, and family members in and out. It’s where we gather each evening for dinner and where the daily mail resides until we discipline ourselves to go through it. It’s where the parties we host start. I could cook, clean, and putter around in there for hours. Yes, the kitchen it is.
Enlighten us – what is your room? Why?
OK, I know that native Louisvillians don’t pronounce the name of our fair city as “Louie-ville”, but a big event this weekend warrants the title’s rhyme! World-class taste? Oh, yeah, Louisville‘s got it–just ask Emeril Lagasse.
How many of you are going to see Emeril at the Fork, Cork and Style Festival this weekend at Churchill Downs. There will be demos by many other chefs, too, but the Grand Wine Tastings might be worth the admission all on their own.
Hey, anyone get half price tickets with the Groupon earlier this week? When you hear of a good deal on a great event, let us in on it, ok?
From Ezine @rticles (original article here)
Like the weather, real estate markets are hotter in the summer. There are typically more buyers out looking for homes, and more sellers listing their homes for sale. If you are in the market for a new home or are thinking about selling during this time of year, there are some tips and trends to keep in mind to maximize your results.
1. Sellers: Don’t Forget the Outside: During summer, landscaping and outdoor space are especially important aspects of your home sale. Maximize the space by keeping the exterior clean, organized, and inviting. Pressure washing, lawn care, and other regular maintenance tasks can do wonders for your bottom line.
2. Buyers: Don’t Forget the Inside: It can be easy to get swept away by a great fenced lawn, pool, deck, and other exterior features, especially when you are house hunting at the peak of summer. But don’t let visions of outdoor relaxation and entertaining distract you from other essential home features or sway you into overlooking interior concerns.
3. Sellers: Know Your Competition: With more houses on the market, knowing what you are up against is key. Being aware of other homes for sale in your neighborhood can help you define your home’s own weaknesses and strengths. Reviewing information on area listings can also help ensure that you price your home right.
4. Buyers: Remember Your Goals: When a surge of homes come on the market at the start of summer, it can be easy to get overwhelmed by all of the options. Don’t lose sight of the features that are most important to you, and try to set reasonable expectations that suit your budget, lifestyle, and overall needs.
5. Everybody: Don’t Get Squeezed by the Season: Even though summer is a prime time for buyers and sellers, don’t let the seasonal time frame become an added stress during your house hunt or home sale. Both buyers and sellers can find success throughout the year!
Your real estate agent is also a huge help when it comes to preparing your home to sell, or when it comes to knowing what buyers should look for in their next home. Contact your Realtor ® today, or visit Semonin.com to get connected with one of our hundreds of qualified real estate agents.
Semonin Realtors is a professional company. We are serious about real estate. We have chosen the best of the best Realtors to serve you. But we also have fun. On June 11, 2010, Semonin Realtors will be hosting the 2nd Annual Semonin Realtors Charity Classic golf outing. It’s going to be lots of fun. The golfers will represent dozens of different companies.
Not only will this golf outing be a day to remember, but it will also raise money for three organizations that are very important to Semonin Realtors: Habitat for Humanity, Fund for the Arts, and Metro United Way.
There will be lots to do at the scramble – competitions to join, awards to win, friendships to strengthen. Interested in coming & playing a little? You should be. Don’t miss it this year – we certainly won’t!