Preparing Your Home to Sell – Part 2 (of 3)
When showing your house, don’t just show it – show it off! You don’t get a second chance to make a good first impression.
- Walls clean and unmarked, preferably freshly painted with neutral colors
- Windows clean inside and out
- All light fixtures working and fresh bulbs in each
- Plumbing in good repair
- No cooking, smoking, pet or other objectionable odors
- Sinks and tubs stain-free; faucets in good repair
- Caulking in tubs and showers in good repair
- Kitchen and baths sparkling clean; no clutter on counter-tops
- All clutter removed from closets, attic, basement, garage and other storage areas
- Ask your Realtor® what should be boxed up to give your home a more spacious look.
Don’t try to sell it on your own – a Realtor can help you with these preparation tips & can guide you in your home’s sale.