Preparing Your Home to Sell – Part 1 (of 3)
When showing your house, don’t just show it – show it off! You don’t get a second chance to make a good first impression.
GETTING PREPARED ~ Exterior
- Lawn carefully mowed, edged, fertilized & watered
- Trimmed trees & shrubs, flower beds edged, weeded & cultivated
- Driveways & walks free of snow or grass clippings
- Exterior house paint in good condition & clean, especially the front door
- All door locks open properly & easily
- Roof in good condition
- Screens & screen doors repaired
- All exterior lighting in working condition, with fresh bulbs
- Absence of clutter in yard & driveway
Don’t try to sell it on your own – a Realtor can help you with these preparation tips & can guide you in your home’s sale.