Tips for Home Buyers
Posted by semoninblog
Buying a home should be easy, right? You go to the Internet, put in your search criteria, get a list of homes, and pick one. Poof – you’re done!
If only it were that easy. A lot of time and even emotions come into play when you’re house hunting. Here are a few quick tips on what you can do to help make your home search a bit easier. (These tips are an excerpt from Before You Buy Your First Home – Tips for a First-time Home Buyer from http://www.About.com.)
How to Rate Inventory:
- Bring a digital camera and begin each series of photos with a close-up of the house number to identify where each group of home photos start and end.
- Take copious notes of unusual features, colors and design elements.
- Pay attention to the home’s surroundings. What is next door? Do 2-story homes tower over your single story?
- Do you like the location? Is it near a park or a power plant?
- Immediately after leaving, rate each home on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest.
And finally, view your top choices a second time before buying your first – or next – home.