Matt Kinsey, a former Army sergeant and member of the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team, and his girlfriend Christina were the recipients of a remodeled house courtesy of Wells Fargo. Matt and Christina received the keys to the house yesterday, enabling them to see it for the first time. Semonin agent Jay Wyzard was instrumental in the process. Matt is most deserving of this fantastic house in New Albany and Semonin is honored to have had a special part in it.
At Semonin Realtors, we strive to lead differently, teach relentlessly, and serve passionately. To be able to give back to those who serve our country is so meaningful to the Semonin family. In further efforts to assist our military moving in or out of the Kentuckiana region, Semonin Realtors participates in the U.S. Military of the Move program to say thank you to all our service men and women. This program allows military active duty, retired (20 years of service) and wounded warriors to earn cash back when they buy or sell a home with Semonin Realtors®.
After winning the last $10,000 drawing, Phil Miller, of Semonin Realtors, never thought he would win it AGAIN at the very next event! But that is exactly what happened at the 61st Semonin Realtors Winner’s Circle drawing, held July 15, 2014. Thirty agents from around the area were entered into the drawing after selling a property registered in the Semonin Realtors Winner’s Circle program. Phil won the grand $10,000 prize, plus a $500 bonus for being both the listing and selling agent on the property drawn as the winning entry.
For many, 4th of July weekend is always a highlight of the summer. Some leave town, some stay at home to light sparklers with the kids. Whatever you do, it is a holiday worth celebrating! For those of you who have yet to make plans, there are tons of things going on around town! Click here for a couple of events taking place in the Louisville area this holiday weekend.
Months of Inventory as of June 15, 2014
What is Months of Inventory? This term considers the amount of inventory currently on the market and the recent demand shown by buyers. As you can see from the graph in the image, the months of inventory in the Louisville market is currently around 5.3. This means if no more inventory were to come of the market, it would take approximately 5.3 months for buyers to purchase everything that is currently listed. This number indicates that we are in a seller’s market right now. Often in this kind of market, seller’s experience multiple offers and sell their homes in less time and for more money. If you have been thinking about selling, now is the time to get your house listed!
Many homeowners are misled when it comes to what their homeowners insurance actually covers. It is vital that you understand all the details of your policy before you have to use it! Click here to find out what you need to know about flood and disaster insurance.
Semonin Realtors® is honored to assist our military moving in or out of the Kentuckiana region with our U.S. Military on the Move program.
Military on The Move was developed by Leading Real Estate Companies of the World® to give members a low-cost alternative to existing military affinity programs such as USAA and Navy Federal Credit Union. It is a free real estate rebate and information program that allows military active duty, retire (20 years of service) and wounded warriors to earn cash back when they buy or sell a home with Semonin Realtors®.
For more information, click on the flyer below or visit www.usmilitaryonthemove.com/SemoninRealtors.
Top 5 Reasons For Selling A Home
- Home is too small. 19% of sellers in 2013 decided to make a move to upgrade to a home with more square footage. The majority of people who listed this as their reason for selling were first-time sellers.
- Job relocation. 15% of all sellers in 2013 indicated they had to sell their home due to relocating for work.
- Proximity to family and friends. 13% of sellers put their house on the market because they wanted to move closer to their loved ones.
- A tie between downsizing and a decreased desire in neighborhood. 10% of sellers in 2013 thought their home was too large for their needs and sold their home to downsize to one with less square footage. The same percentage of sellers said their neighborhoods had become less desirable in some way or another, which gave them reason to move.
- Recent change in family situation. 8% of people who sold their home in 2013 did so because something changed within the family. Such changes may include things like the birth of a child, marriage, divorce, or death.